Saturday, February 25, 2012

FINAL RESULTS 2012 OSCAR PREDICTIONS

MY OSCAR PREDICTIONS 

Not my best year, but I did get 4 out of 5 correct.  The only one I missed was Best Actress, which went to Meryll Streep.  It was well deserved, so no complaints.

I do wish George Clooney would have won for Best Actor, but again DuJardin had a great performance as well and only one can win.

I am thrilled my longshot for Best Supporting Actor was won by Christopher Plummer.  The oldest actor to win the award at 82.  This was not an obligatory Oscar given because he had never won one, like with John Wayne.  This was a well earned Oscar.

This year I decided to wait until the night before for my predictions so I wouldn’t waffle like I did last year.  I have to confess, that this year isn’t that exciting for me despite some strong performances.  Out of the 60 movies I saw this year, I didn’t even see all the nominated ones.  
My predictions are not always based off the ones I think are the best, but rather the ones I think the Academy will choose.  They tend to base decisions on politics over quality more often than not (IMHO).  So here we go:
Best Picture: For Best picture these were all good choices.  I am going to go with       The Artist
Best Actor:  All of these were great performances, but the politics are all with
Jean Dujardin in The Artist
Best Actress: This one is up in the air.  I’m going to go with:
Viola Davis for The Help
  • Great performance, but the movie didn’t make a big impact.  Strong feminist role, so maybe
            This could very well be the win, but I’m not going with it.
Best Supporting Actor:  Again with great performances.  I’m going to go out on a limb and say 
Christopher Plummer for The Beginners
Best Supporting Actress:  I’m going to go with 
Octavia Spencer for The Help
Best Director:  This is one of the few times that I think all of these efforts are deserving. I think the mojo is with:
Michael Hazanavicius
            Incredible artistic achievement.


No comments:

Post a Comment