Saturday, February 27, 2016

Tad's 2016 Oscar Predictions

The 2016 Tad’s Movie Crawl 
Oscar Predictions 

This year I  must confess that I didn’t see all the nominated pictures.  A first for me.  In order to have a more educated guess I sought the assistance of my brother-in-law Mark.  We’ll see how close the two of us can get

Once again I emphasize, my predictions are who I think will win, not necessarily who I think should  win. So here goes:

BEST PICTURE
The Revenant All the mojo and buzz is behind this film this year

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant: I think this is Leo’s year

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Brie Larson, RoomIt won’t be Jennifer Lawrence again.  This small film created enough of a buzz to be a winner in this category

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Sylvester Stallone, Creed:  While I think Tom Hardy deserves it, so does Sly.  I think he will get it

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Rachel MacAdams, Spotlight
Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl:  I’ll admit it.  This one is a complete guess for me

DIRECTING
The RevenantL  It’s going to be a ‘two years in a row’ for Alejandro

There you go, my predictions once again.  We’ll see where they land


1 comment:

  1. Revenant, DiCaprio, Blanchett,Bale, McAdams, Revenant - Chip's picks

    ReplyDelete